We decided to go with Sonlight curriculum again this next school year for Jessica. Josh will likely follow along for much of it if he follows what he did this year. This school year we used P3/4 and for this next year I purchased P4/5. I got a great deal from a family who had a gently used curriculum for over $100.00 off the original price!
Both of the kids really inhaled all of the wonderful books included in the Sonlight curriculum this year. We read all of them in less than two months and have read through many of them again and again. So far I haven't found any aspect that I don't like about Sonlight. I will be supplementing with "Singapore Math" and possibly "Handwriting Without Tears". I will be following Jessica's lead as she will technically only be in Pre-K next year. I know she is young, so I am not going to push her, I will just give her as much as she shows interest in.
I can't believe we have nearly finished our first official year of homeschooling! It has been so fun and rewarding to see how sponge-like children are. All of us as parents homeschool until the child actually starts school but to continue to teach as the child gets older and see all that they retain and comprehend and watch their love for learning ignite....THAT makes my day and makes my job as a teacher way worthwhile! The pay off of investing just a little time in educating children(even if simply by reading to your kids daily) is immense!






You are such a great mamma with beautiful babies....your little "sponges" will sore with you as their teacher..hope you are all doing well.
ReplyDeleteYou are a remarkable woman, Momma, teacher, and friend to your babies...SKY IS THE LIMIT !!! So proud of all you are and do, as this Mother's Day approaches, Shel...you SHINE and make the noble profession of Motherhood (the hardest job you will ever love !!!) what it SHOULD be...a loving Divine "calling"...YOU ROCK, MOMMA !!! My grandbabies are SO blessed...
ReplyDeleteHappy Early Mother's Day !!!
Handwriting w/o Tears is AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful first year. I'm happy with our first year too and plan on Sonlight for my 8 year old. I'm ready for someone else to make the lesson plans for awhile:)
ReplyDeleteGlad you've had such a terrific first year! We love, love, love Sonlight as well! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog.
ReplyDeleteHeather