Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Random Thoughts 2

We made it to Oklahoma in one piece! No flat tires, no potty accidents, no carsickness and no speeding tickets! Mama made it in one piece without the use of a portable DVD player for 800ish miles. I still have all my hair (:

We have been spending some time looking for RV parks as they were all booked up with roofers/contractors, dent removal people and other adjusters. We just happened to find a place that could take us a week but no longer. I'm praying one of the ones we are on a list with will come through for us.

I got our Sonlight homeschool curriculum box for this next year in the day we were leaving Georgia. Talk about good timing! Just tonight I broke into it and I am just itching to get started already! The kids have been begging to open the box and start reading the books. I have held them off because I'd like to start in the fall and take a bit of a break this summer. I almost feel guilty for telling them, "no, you can't read these new books". This next year is going to be a fun year of learning. I can't wait.

I am so thrilled Jacob gets to get on some easier roofs now that we are in Oklahoma. The majority of the roofs he was on in Georgia were all two story and a 10/12 pitch. It was hard not to worry when I wouldn't hear from him all day long.

It is really nice to see more Mexican food resturants and cowboy boots again. I must say that I really missed the common courtesy that is avid in Texas and evidently Oklahoma. Holding doors, saying thank you when someone does hold the door for you (cough cough ahem), and friendliness is such a common thing in my home state and I missed it. Glad these Okies have it here! It is a welcome change.

Lastly, before I miss the Amercian Idol finale, Joshua flooded our RV on Sunday. Jacob hadn't hooked up the grey water hoses to the parks facilities yet. This means that we have a small tank that holds the grey (used bath/sink) water under the RV until it is hooked up to the septic drains. We had kinda forgotten that when we put him in the shower. There is only a 3" lip on the shower and he was sitting in it bathing and playing. Usually he doesn't want to stay in very long but this particular evening he wasn't asking to get out. I was unpacking so I didn't bother him....until I saw water dripping down the stairs. He was really enjoying his shower because it was actually a shallow bath for the little man. I guess he didn't pay much notice to the waters flooding out the door, into the cabinets, down the heater vents, onto the carpet in the bedroom and out the bottom of the RV.....LOL. Oh my the mess that was to clean up. Luckily it was only water. Jacob and I learned our lesson, that is for sure. (:

Y'all have a great night!



5 comments:

  1. Glad you made it! I'm amazed that you all get around so well and so quickly! I hope we are just as efficient some day! Can't imagine the flooding thing... hopefully we never have to! Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA !!!!!!!!!! We are in the same time zone !!!

    Love and one gazillion hugs and kisses !!!

    The Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the updates. Glad to know where you are now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome...God is good...you guys made it safely to OK......with all your hair mind you. Sorry to hear about the "flood"....I know a really good Insurance Adjuster....his wife and kids are really cool too. Let me know. heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you made it there safely. Love you!

    ReplyDelete