Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Evidently this IS the weekend that the community pools open up all around the South. I had it marked on my calendar in Georgia because I knew the pool was opening up this Memorial day weekend. When we got to Oklahoma, I researched a bit and all of the splash pad and water parks opened this weekend here too. So....of course we had to visit on opening weekend. Man have we missed summer. Every bit of it down to the last sticky Popsicle drip.

*Have to add a big thank you to my very sweet step momma, Fran, who sent me a wonderful camera, I am now able to post pictures again without stealing my hubby's camera! Thank you Franny! Love you!

















This Memorial Day weekend hit a bit closer to home for us than usual. One of Jacob's cousins is a Marine and is serving in Afghanistan. A few days ago his squadron was bombed and one of his comrades was killed. On one hand we were relieved that R. was o.k. but so saddened that another had to die. I am so grateful to have these men and women serving our country and putting their lives on the line each and every day for us. Grateful isn't even a sufficient word, but along with prayers, it's all I got. So, thank you! Happy Memorial Day!



4 comments:

  1. YEA for SUMMER !!! Too much fun...such precious babies...

    Love and hugs,

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see pics again,THANKS FRAN!!
    I hope you are able to see your Grandad more now,I know how special he is to you.
    Looks like you had a wonderful weekend,Addie has that same awesome butterfly towel,those were the best deal ever.Love them..........
    Anyways,love ya enjoy Oklahoma!
    But get back to TX soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh we all MISS you guys.....Im with Leslie......get back to TX soon. LOL...The PICS are great! God Bless America and you could not be more right Shells....it's because of them (soldiers) we have the freedoms to travel the way we do, enjoy the water parks the way we do, and just all in all live the way we choose. God Bless our soldiers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS FRAN....love the pictures, looks like so much fun...water and popsicles they just go together...such beautiful babies you guys have.

    ReplyDelete