
I suppose my nice letter worked well to keep hurricane Ike away from our area. Unfortunately it didn't work so well for my family and friends. He hit the Clear Lake, Nassau Bay and Galveston areas really hard as well as Houston and other surrounding cities. Still today my mom and step dad as well as my dad and step mom don't have power.
It is unbelievable how an act of nature can stir up so many emotions. The pictures on the news don't even do the wrath of Ike justice.
Here is a link to a site that has some photos from damage in the area where my dad lives. If you at picture #5 you will see my dad's red brick house (or what's left peeking out of the water).
I have been humbled while watching people from other states come to the rescue of us Texans in need. On the highways just today I must have seen over 100 utility lineman trucks headed to help out. I passed numerous Red Cross stops where they were passing out ice and free meals. I have heard stories of neighbors helping neighbors that didn't know each other. If you have to find one positive in all of this I would say that these kind of catastrophic events truly bring out the good in most people





so glad you are safe. sorry about your dad's house. not fun at all.
ReplyDeletemuch love