Yes...the three dreaded S's. We have them. Right outside our front door.
Jacob's late Paw Paw always called me a webbed foot. I was raised in a coastal city with all the comforts of city life. Grocery store a few miles away, a short drive to the mall and neighbors within, almost, arms reach. I have always longed to live in the country. I felt like a country girl stuck in the city. Riding horses since I can remember, raising lambs, rabbits and turkey for show and active in the FFA. I knew in my heart that it was only a matter of time that I would move to the country.
Yes, God answered my prayers 10 fold. He also threw in a couple of visitors to boot. Just working in my yard this morning I ran into a snake, two scorpions and millions of spiders. We have the garden variety spider all the way to the lovely yet deadly Black Widow. Rather than shrinking back into the comforts of the house, I used it as a teaching experience for Jessica. I pulled her away from the swing set each time to show her what to stay away from. I can only hope the warnings stick. Yikes!
Inspiration for the day:
"We have forgotten how to be good guests, how to walk lightly on the earth as its other creatures do" B. Ward
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





More power to you! I'll stick with my safe spiders and the rare snake. Although I am much better with all things wild when I am camping... hmmmm
ReplyDeleteShel,
ReplyDeleteAs you know, we also have the dreaded 3 S's!!!! Like Josh, Riley LOVES to collect all sorts of bugs... I just know that one day she is, somehow, going to hand deliver a scorpion to me! EWWW! Just bring that boy to me and they can go bug huntin' together!
Miss y'all lots!