Monday, May 2, 2011

New Orleans Happenings

Our time in Louisiana has been really fun. I, however, think I sense a change in the air.

We still have the zoo on our bucket list so I hope we can make it there this week.

We have found a really cool Mac Donalds here in town that does family craft night two days a week and also has a really big, very clean inside playground. We also hit the library a few times a week. The kids really love getting to experience different "Story Times" across the U.S. At this particular library, they have story time a few times a week as well as "craft time" twice a week. The kids have done more crafts this past month than they have done in a long time. They also have a big castle play house for the kids. Yes...a playhouse IN the library. Kind of crazy and noisy if you ask me, but the kids sure love it.

Here are some pictures of what we have been doing the past few weeks.








Finished product


The kids very first trip to the skating rink! Josh wore the beginner skates, which he did really well on. Jess wore the real deal! I was so proud of both of them. I got to re-live some old Junior High memories. Let me tell you, this rink brought me way back! Couple skating, opposite direction, rink games and strobe lights. Today's skating rinks haven't changed much at all!

This was the only one of the three of us. Sorry it's blurry.








Dinner with friends!





The only thing constant about Jacob's job is change. Louisiana sure has been fun though!! We are going to soak up this next week...just in case.



3 comments:

  1. wow... Jess and Josh are so lucky to be able to experience all of this Shel! And I'm sure it's fun for you and Jacob too!! Louisiana looks like it has been fun! Love you all!!
    Lace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweet lives seem like a non-stop adventure-vacation...homeschooling and Jacob's hardwork at this type of work has made this all possible...what a dream life !!! Could not be more than continually happy for you, Shel...thanks for letting us live vicariously through the photo-journalism on your blog...

    I know you will have an opportunity for some really touching stories as you head for Tennessee this week...I feel like you guys are missionaries of joy and light being sent to those tornado-ravaged parts of our nation...God bless and keep you safe, my Love...you are always on my mind and in my prayers for "safe travel" !

    xoxox

    Ma / Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jelouse you are there! I love New Orleans! The zoo is awsome, I hope you get to go. The aquarium and insectarium (all Audobon)are great too if you have the time this trip. You could also stop at the Acadiana zoo on your way back. Looks like a petting zoo from the road but it is really cool!(right off I10) I miss you guys so much and seeing these pics makes me miss home. Enjoy every minute of all you have availible to you - I know you ALWAYS do and I LOVE that about you! Have fun and be safe! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete