Friday, May 13, 2011

New Orleans Zoo

A few days before we were to leave New Orleans, LA we decided to take a trip to the zoo. I had heard mixed reviews but we wouldn't dare miss it. It would be breaking tradition!

We packed up and got to the zoo around 11:00 am on Friday only to find the parking lot nearly empty. When we got up to the gate we found out that the zoo was closed! What? Evidently they were having a benefit that night. The kids were dissapointed but Momma was not because they gave us 4 free tickets (which saved us about $60.00)! So, we came back bright and early the next day and got in for free! The only thing I did buy was a bracelet for each of us that got us unlimited train rides, carousel rides and free entry to their "Cool Zoo" which is a new spray park that has just opened inside the zoo.



I really liked this zoo as they had a section where you could pet and get close to a bunch of different animals. We spent the most time here!







Well, I lied, we spent the most time HERE, on the carousel! We seriously rode this thing at least 10 times! I calculated it up and I believe we would have spent around $60 on carousel rides had I been crazy enough to say yes and pay cash for that many times around. The $10 bracelets were well worth it! I believe they tried out nearly every animal, accept for the camel and the ostrich because they didn't move up and down.







This was our last day in New Orleans. We had such a fun month here. The weather was great for the most part, the people were nice, we met some nice, new friends and we stayed super busy. Jacob liked the claims here as well and when Daddy is happy, heck, we are all happy!



1 comment:

  1. It looks from these pics that Joshie is now as tall as Jess !!! Oh, my !!! I bet you will REALLY get the "are they twins?" question now ! Looks like another supper day "on the road"...

    xoxoxo

    The Mimi

    ReplyDelete