We may be taking a break from school but the reading hasn't stopped. They still asked to be read to and I will find Jess reading on her own too. The other day we were at a book store and I saw that they had a summer reading program. I remember loving those things when I was a kid! Reading and working toward a reward. I introduced the concept to the kids and they were so excited about it. We have since started doing several summer reading programs. Jess loves reading anyway but this is a nice little summer perk to help fuel the fire.
Here are the programs we are doing:
Half Price Books programHEB Summer reading program
Barnes and Noble summer readingTo find more reading programs, all you have to go is google it and you will find more. I'm pretty certain most of your local libraries have summer reading programs too. Also, you can still participate in
most of these programs even if you are reading
to your child.
Happy Reading!

That's awesome! We're going to try the one at our local library. I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew...
ReplyDelete