I have to admit, this weather, the trees and flowers in bloom, the warm sunshine and the kids who are so excited to wear flip flops with no coats, have really taken my mind away from posting on my blog. We haven't done much school, though my kids are still young enough that I don't do too much structured stuff. I don't think Pre-K and Kinder need to sit at a desk and do worksheets. They have 17 years ahead of them to do that! That is my soapbox to help me feel less guilty about not doing school much the past two weeks. We will call it an extended spring break. It is being enjoyed to say the least!
I have had no camera and no vehicle this week. I don't know how long I will be without a camera and Jacob's truck is in the shop. So we are blowing bubbles, digging in the dirt, watching big fat bumblebees (that the kids have named "Howard") pollinate our hyacinths and tulips. Oh yes, and hunting plastic eggs and making these delicious cheesecake pops. My sister and her fiance Tim are coming in to visit his parents this weekend for Easter. Tim's parents happen to live about 20 minutes from us so the kids finally get to see their Aunt Lacey. I'm so very excited. It has been too long since I've seen my sissy!
I hope you all are enjoying spring! Here are some park pictures that we took this past week with Jacob's camera. I'm in love with these trees. I don't know what they are but they are beautiful!







Great pics! As usual!
ReplyDeleteHi Shelby.
ReplyDeleteI found you through a post you left on my blog (dottiesuniverse.blogspot.com). I love your pictures. Our kids are really close in age! I love the idea of Sonlight but the reality is my kids would never listen to that much reading (definite visual learners, not auditory). I do use the catalog for book suggestions though. :-)
I love the outdoor shots! We have been playing outside a lot too.
ReplyDeleteYou have the right idea, Shelby- enjoy the spring! Our kids need to run and wiggle! :) It has been so fun to watch them bloom into all of the new things they are able to do physically. Last year Sam couldn't reach the pedals to use his trike, but now he can fly! I love the photo of Josh at the top of the rock-climbing wall!
ReplyDeleteWhat a darling park, Shel and such GORGEOUS blossoms on the trees ! Remember those HUGE trees when I came to see you guys in Florida for Jessi's first birthday?...Obanion??? Wow...it is fun to see the trees across the nation as you travel, I'll bet.
ReplyDeleteDwight keeps saying how much Jessi looks just like her pretty Momma...the GREAT picture of you girls in this one, is sure proof of it...I hope you get the camera of your dreams...no matter how complex or simple it might be...you are so talented with photography...I love your "artsie" photographs of your Angels...you "speak" through your photography...
Happy Almost Easter !!! Give your Sissy a HUGE hug from her Momma who misses her a LOT in Texas...it may be awhile before I see her in person again...so happy you guys are going to get together...Tim's Momma will LOVE you guys and the babies ! Take lots of pics for the Mimi ...can't wait 'til I get to meet them, too...