Thirty hard-earned dollars for a green, plastic pool
set out and filled in the first days of spring
with water crisp and cool

Who knew a piece of plastic could bring so much joy
squeals, splashes, giggles and smiles
from both the girl, the dad and the boy
squeals, splashes, giggles and smiles
from both the girl, the dad and the boy
Your water so fresh, so crisp, cool and clear
Though you've only seen toes and legs
You'll surely soon see their rears

Winter is gone and the coats packed away
bathing suits, sunscreen and shades
are now invited to stay
bathing suits, sunscreen and shades
are now invited to stay

Momma in her lawn chair
with a glass full of sweet tea
no bickering, no bordem, no "mom, he hit me!"
with a glass full of sweet tea
no bickering, no bordem, no "mom, he hit me!"

Oh, little plastic pool in all your green glory
I'll refill you each day that you continue to provide
hours of endless fun and trips down your slide
hours of endless fun and trips down your slide

I ♥ you green, plastic pool!





Look at those smiles !!! Money well-spent ! Remember your little blue one in Florida ? Peace for the Momma, fun for the babes !
ReplyDeleteLovin' it for you !!!
Mimi
Such beautiful babies....what fun.
ReplyDeletechristy
Cute poem and so true!!!!
ReplyDeleteVery cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat cuties!
ReplyDelete~Debra at http://ourimperfectlife.blogspot.com/
That is a beautiful poem! It looks like your kids are enjoying the nice warm weather. I love this time of year. Thanks for stopping by Healthy Moms!
ReplyDeleteLove those of Josh getting sprayed in the stomach...love that expression!
ReplyDeleteJenny has that same bathing suit...target, right?
Love ya cuz!
HOWW CUTE!!! I love these pics Shell!! They're action laughing pictures are adorable!! I want one to frame!!! Big hugs and kisses!!!
ReplyDeleteI stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
ReplyDeleteTake a minute an check my blog out
I have lots of great giveaways going on.
Thanks :)
ethertonphotography.blogspot.com
Ah sweet tea and warm weather at last ~ life is good!
ReplyDeleteOh they are having so much fun !! Great pictures, and a beautiful poem.
ReplyDelete( We have the same pool in blue! I adore it too !! )