We chose to go to the circus this past Thursday because we knew that the crowds would be huge on the last weekend it was in town. Certainly a Thursday is a better choice than a Friday or Saturday, that is, unless a zebra escapes onto the freeway and they have to completely shut down I-75 Southbound, going right through the heart of Atlanta,Georgia!
We knew we had hit a lot of slow-going traffic but we had no idea why until we were walking out of the circus. We left about 20 minutes early
We did think it was quite strange how many helicopters were circling around the traffic near the circus! It was quite funny to find out, on the back side, the reason for all the hoopla!
The infamous zebras!
The hubster's bout had enough





Well a zebra running down the freeway holding up traffic is better than the traffic jam here in Austin on Thursday with a man crashing an airplane on purpose into a building.
ReplyDeleteAnyways ,love the pic of Jacob,that cracks me up.At least you got him to go in the first place..........mine would probably of had some sudden illness or something.
So cute,looks like you had fun dispite the craziness.
Wow ! Your camera took GREAT pictures !!! Thanks for a "trip to the circus" for all of us...I can't remember when I last went, but I think it was in the Compaq center over 20 years ago...it is a magical experience. The "kid" in all of us loves it ! Maybe the "Daddy" will get to take you guys to see a Georgia rodeo for all his patience on this circus visit, since you might miss the Houston and San Antonio ones this year...I hope you can find one for that Texan who loves his bullriding !
ReplyDeleteNice. Poor zebra. Once I was driving down Scenic Highway and I passed an ostrich running along side the road. I think a zebra is much more spectacular!
ReplyDeleteThe zebra on the lose is awesome but I find myself getting more excited about the fact that the mohawk is back.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Aunti Lacey
Looks like a fun time! Glad the zebras are now under control. :)
ReplyDeleteWe saw the circus several years ago and can't say that we enjoyed it that much. I think my husband had about the same reaction as yours!:) The escaped zebra sounds like that would have been something to see! How stressful for that poor trainer. Blessings from another FOTR!
ReplyDeleteThis story of the runaway zebra made me laugh so hard! This was my first visit to your blog (Thanks so much for following me!) and I really enjoyed it! You have some very creative ideas for teaching your children. Great job! The numbered squares on the floor reminded me of a game we played, where the kids stepped from one large number to another, in answer to a called out number, or later, an equation, like 2+4 = ? I think Kelsey was about 7 in the photo I have of her/them playing this. I love your colorful "chore chart"! We had several different kinds, but it worked very well, and I applaud the fact that you see this as being "part of the family"--so true. I will definitely be back again to look around more. Oh, and I am following you back from Home School Hop!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Wendy
I would have had to pay my husband big money to pose in that hat your husband is sporting ;)
ReplyDeletezebras?! weird.
amy in peru