Friday, February 26, 2010

Enter....the chore charts

I introduced the kids to their chore charts that I made for them the other day. They each have a few things that they are to do daily to help serve in the household. These are not chores that they receive allowance or tangible rewards for. The reward they get from doing them is learning to be a responsible piece of the family puzzle. Most of the things on their charts, they have been doing for quite some time but I knew they would love the idea of being able to move their cards from the "to do" to the "all done" pockets.

Jess 'chores' are
-making her bed
-putting dirty clothes in hamper
-picking up toys and books after play/reading time
-brushing teeth morning/night

Joshua's chores are
-putting dirty clothes in hamper
-picking up toys/books after play/reading time
-brushing teeth morning/night

Even if they kids don't keep up with switching the cards from "to do" to "all done" they, at least, know what is expected of them.









"Having the servant mind of Christ allows God to work in our lives and through our lives in mighty ways." S. Britton

5 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea and a wonderful tool to teach your children about everyday responsibilities. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun idea. I keep thinking about making one for my kids, but haven't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative! What a cute a idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cool. I need to make a chart !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW !!! So creative and beautiful...bet it works !!! Making life fun goes a long way to enjoying even the everyday things we all must do...and...we all work for the carrot in front of our noses..."behavior rewarded will be repeated"...all through life !

    YOU GO MOMMA !!!!!! SO PROUD !!!!!!!!

    Ma

    ReplyDelete