Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Crispies" is his name

Don't ask. I have no idea why my daughter chose to name their new hamster "Crispies" but I wasn't about to influence her differently. It was just too cute and original! She did inform me that she was really saving that name for her future dog but she would let the hamster use it till then. He is a cutie! (:






Let's see....what else.

We've been working on numbers a bunch lately. We got the fabulous bears that we will use for counting, patterns, problem solving and other math related lesson. They love these guys. I can't believe what they cost but I will make good use out them for sure!





Parking lot! For the life of me, I can't remember which HS blog I saw this on (please forgive for not giving props) but the kids love it! Momma calls out a parking spot and the cars (or LPS) pull in the correctly number spot. When the lot is full, momma calls the number and that specific numbered car or animal pulls out. The kids wanted to do this over and over!







I had to include these last four pictures. I don't even remember what they were looking at but since it was my two favorite little people on the lap of my favoritest big person....I had to put it on here. I smile when I look at these. I'm so grateful for my husband. He is the best daddy to my babies and best friend to me. I couldn't ask for more.





Hope you all have a great week!

9 comments:

  1. I've never seen these "bear" counting toys or the parking lot game, but whatever makes math "fun"... to me, is worth its weight in gold...plus...not much more adoreable than a "participating", precious, stong, loving Dad like Jacob...what a blessing he is to this MIMI...what blessing to his babies...lots of happiness going on !!!

    Love and Monday hugs,

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crispies is Soooo cute! :)

    I love the counting bears and the parking lot game. What a wonderful way to play and learn at the same time. As you know, when you have little ones it's always good to switch things up a bit so they don't get bored. Thanks for sharing some awesome ideas, cute pictures and precious family moments with us! Please give Crispies a tiny head rub for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shelby girl! Just catching up since I'm home with a sick kiddo today. I LOVE your blog. You do such a great job.

    You're an awesome momma, Shelby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shell,
    Love the new little addition.And the name is adorable.
    Reminded me of white mice circus days.We were so silly with all those mice that we "trained".
    Keep up the awesome work with the kids.
    Love ya shell

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE that parking lot idea! Awesome!

    Crispie is such a cute name for a hamster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids would have loved the Parking lot game! How fun!

    Crispies is too cute!

    Just got back from our whirlwind SA trip! Crazy busy and certainly weren't able to do everything we had intended to do. We'll definitely be heading back when we can spend more time in the area.

    Blessings!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! My daughter named her hamster Mouse when she had one.
    Thanks for hopping to my blog :)
    Have a wonderful day!
    ~Blossom

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE those last pictures of your littles with your beloved. VERY sweet. Thanks for stopping by my blog, yours is very fun... I enjoyed looking at your recent posts :)

    amy in peru
    http://fisheracademy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i would love to hear some of the things you do with the bears?? i ahve some and all i do is step on them all the time!!!
    i came over from the hop!
    enjoying lookinga round and will be following - thanks!!

    ReplyDelete