Today the kids set out to make lovely "love trees"
Using a concoction of shaving cream, Elmers glue and food coloring we made a really cool puff paint. They painted their hearts....
Then after they finished their hearts I let them smear the stuff all over thier tables and then trace letters and doodles in the mess. Why not make use of it...right?
Take a good look at Josh's hands. You can't see them clearly can you? That is because he was so excited and frantic that he was allowed to freely make a huge mess that he couldn't quit smearing.
Love Trees completed
After I got the kids to bed this evening I made them some Valentine cookies. Dad did his part by adding the iced truck cookie!
I hope your day is filled with love and hugs tomorrow!





Those love trees are adorable. Could you share the "recipe" for the concoction by any chance. Looked like fun!
ReplyDeleteI just hopped over after seeing your comment to my Homeschool Hop post. So glad you stopped by my blog. Looking forward to taking a look around your blog.
Blessings
Love the trees!
ReplyDeleteHope yall are having a wonderful Valentine's Day filled with lots of LOVE !
Love you all,Leslie
kewkew....there really isn't a specific recipe. I just put a big glob of shaving cream and drizzled a bunch of glue on top. Stirred it, added some more glue and a couple of drops of food coloring. Viola!! It does take several hours to dry and even after that it is still 'puffy'!
ReplyDeleteLeslie...i love you my friend! Your comments oooze your precious personality! I am so blessed to have you for my friend!
Love the trees.... and the cookies look yum!!! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment... I look forward to learning more about you and your family. =) Happy Valentines day!
ReplyDeleteHi Shelby - it's nice to "meet" you - another family on the road. Blessings to you on your journey!
ReplyDeleteConnie
What a wonderful treat to read of another young family that travels. We have two young children as well and they will love this art projected you've shared with us. Thank you! The love trees are so precious and the cookies look wonderful! Yum yum! I'm so glad you took the time to comment on our site. We are realy looking forward to learning more about your family. Have a fantastic day! :)
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful babies you have...I really enjoy seeing what's going on with you guys and watching as the kids learn...your an awesome mom and TEACHER.
ReplyDeleteChristy
What a fun project! I'll have to let the boys try that sometime; puff paint sounds like a great idea! Thanks for posting the directions in the comments : )
ReplyDeleteyou're so creative cuz! how did you come up with the puff paint mix?
ReplyDeleteLove your blog!I am new to blogging!Trying to get the hang of it.Really enjoy your site!Marla
ReplyDelete