Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas morning on Christmas Eve

Jacob and I decided to invite Santa to visit our house the night before Christmas Eve so that Christmas eve morning we could celebrate with our little family of 4. Then we would head to Houston to celebrate with my three sisters, Fran and Dad.

We had a visitor in our house this year for the first time. His name was "Mittens" and he was sent to be Santa's little scout elf. The kids were allowed to talk to Mittens but not touch him. Each night Mittens returned to the North Pole to report to Santa on how the kids had acted that day. Each morning the kids would try and figure out where Mittens had hidden himself around the house. They enjoyed the little elf and they were sad to see that he returned to the North Pole for good (until next Thanksgiving) on Christmas Eve.


The eve before Christmas Eve





Christmas eve morning (first Santa visit)











Santa must have thought the kids had been pretty good this year! There was no coal in the stockings and lots of happy faces.



3 comments:

  1. It's nice to know that Santa is flexible with his schedule! Looks like you had some good little kiddos this year ;) Hope to see ya'll soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable!! I miss them soooo much... they are such a joy to be around!!!
    Aunt Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the scariest little elf! LOL! I'm glad the kids enjoyed him, I have heard many friends say they love thier little elf too. We won't get one because I think they are scary :) LOL!
    So sweet to see your kiddos!!!

    ReplyDelete