Friday, August 20, 2010

Words to live by

We have begun our new school year! At the beginning of each day before our lessons start we read from the Bible and work on memorizing some scripture from the Bible. We call it "hiding The Word in our hearts". The kids may not get too much from what they are learning now, but as they get older they will recall these words and, hopefully, put them to good use!

I am going to try, each Friday, to film the scripture they have learned each week. Here is their "play" from week #1.




5 comments:

  1. That is so great, Shelby! And you know I love me some Hill kids videos! I could listen to Jess giggle all. day. long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess and Joshie's MimiAugust 21, 2010 at 10:39 AM

    TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PRECIOUS !!! and the Bible says..."Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old...he will not depart from it..." GOOD JOB, MOMMY AND DADDY !!!!!!

    Mimi Who Loves Jesus A Lot !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very cute!

    I need to start this with my kids. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelby: Thanks for commenting on my blog! Your kids are adorable, and I love your idea of videoing what they've memorized. I will be following you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to begin with a scripture. My son's preschool would do this each day -I would catch him just randomly reciting the weekly scripture!!

    ReplyDelete