Saturday, October 24, 2009

Jessica's 4th Birthday

We made our way home from Georgia 'just' to celebrate my sweet daughter's fourth birthday. I really can't believe it has been four years since she came into our lives. She is everything a momma would want in a daughter. She is sweet and fragile yet tough enough to put up with a little brother. She is a girly girl who likes to wear her plastic high heels everywhere but she has that tomboy streak too and no fear of bugs or dirt. She tells us she loves us umpteen times a day and you can tell in her sweet little voice that she means it. I see so much in her. I can't wait to watch her grow and blossom. I thank the good Lord every. single. day. that she is in my life and that He chose ME and Jacob to be her mother. Happy birthday sweet girl!

My sister, Lacey, flew all the way in from Boston to help us celebrate. We missed Tim (her fiance) but we are hoping we will get to see him really soon!


Here is a sildeshow of the party.

5 comments:

  1. Sad that I missed it. ----Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shel and Jacob,

    You are precious parents to honor your children with such darling birthday parties...I remember when Lace and I flew into Florida for Jessi's BIG FIRST birthday...it just seems like yesterday. You make it such fun for all of us...you are dream-come-true parents for your little ones...Lacey and I had a ball in San Antonio...what cherished "life memories"...we missed having Jacob with us, but his love of his children and devotion as a Dad is known by us all...he was taking care of his family and flood victims with his work in Atlanta...he is an ANGEL-Daddy and an honorable man of character...love is such a good thing...your children's lives are "gifts" to us all...reflecting back your love for them...thank you...thank you...what a special day and life we have with you guys. It is an honor to be the Mimi in your family...so much joy !!!

    Momma / Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelby, it looks like you had a wonderful party! Everyone looks like they are having so much fun (grown-ups, too). Jessica is a really special little girl, and she is lucky to have you for a momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. shelby your so sweet. we had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so appreciated your dog wisdom in your comment today!! I still have that feeling that I'm going to cave...

    (But I promise it wont be temporary!)

    ReplyDelete