Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Chirstmas in October!

The Disney Christmas Carol Train Tour came into Atlanta for only one day this past Tuesday.

(**Tuesday also happened to be my Daddy's birthday! Happy Birthday Daddy!!)

They were pulling through to promote the remake of "A Christmas Carol" starring Jim Carrey. The kids love trains so I thought this would be a great opportunity to let them get a closer look at them. I did have a strong desire to back out on the idea at the last minute because, how could there not be tons of people with the train only being in town for one day in a huge city? It was perfect though. It was misting that morning which made for a wonderful time to go.



I was ecstatic to find out that we could ride on an actual real train (though not Thomas to my kids dismay)


We went all out and paid a bit extra to ride with the engineer in the front car of the train! There was only one other little boy and his momma up there with us. Jess and Josh both got to sit in the engineer's seat and blow the train whistle two times while the train was in route. They were in awe!



Jess pulling the whistle



Joshua pulling the whistle


The train ride was my favorite part! After the kids got used to the extremely loud noises from the trains brakes....they loved it too!

The Disney Christmas Carol train was really neat from the outside but didn't really hold the children's attention as it was filled with memorabilia from the movie and it also had many televisions with clips on how they made the movie. It was neat but I think we would have skipped the long line had I researched beforehand just what was inside it (plus we didn't actually ride this train...just walked through.) We did enjoy the Christmas carolers though!


The last thing we did was go into a little studio and watch a preview of the movie in 4D. Which, by the way, they will not be going to see it in the theaters because they got pretty scared during the five minute clip. They especially didn't care for Jacob Marley coming back to haunt Ebenezer for the first time. How my memory fails me. (;

Fun Stuff! Bring on the holidays!

5 comments:

  1. that picture of them is gorgeous! That should be your christmas card for sure! Beautiful. What kind of camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...a rinky dink digital camera. Nothing special. I think it is a sony (don't have it near me atm). I just played around with a photo editing program to change it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome !!! Your kids are doing a WORLD of unusual and wonderful and magical things...all things travel brings to your little family...so blessed !!!

    Love,
    Jess and Joshie's Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time for your kiddos! And I agree, Bring on the Holidays!! Love this time of year.

    Thank you for the sweet precious comment today! You just blessed my heart!

    Your blog is darling and I'll be back for sure!

    Blessings new blogging buddy!
    LMM

    ReplyDelete