Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Beauty in the simple things

I have had my breath taken away many times over the past few weeks as I watch all of the trees turn from green to reds, oranges and yellows, seemingly, right before my eyes. These Maple trees seriously make me stop in my tracks. I know...I'm weird. They are not just plain ole' reds and oranges but a fiery, glowing red and orange. It is breath taking. Really. We don't have drastic color changes in Texas. It is really lovely and I wanted my children to stop and smell the roses appreciate the Georgia autumn too!


After stopping at numerous trees around town just to gaze up close, the kids were excited about going on a leaf hunt. We grabbed our walmart bags and went on a hunt for the prettiest and most colorful leaves we could find on the ground. Then we put them to good use.










6 comments:

  1. Wow! What a masterpiece! (Love the aprons!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun, everything homeschooling should be. Love the trees.
    Christy S

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so NOT weird! The colors in the leaves each fall make it my favorite season. It is like watching a fabulous sunrise or sunset- you have to think that it is just so absolutely amazing! Your art is pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the aprons! miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about the glowing trees! This is one thing I will truly miss about Boston... the beautiful fall.

    ReplyDelete