We looked at hundreds of dogs but for some reason one dog caught my eye and we asked to take her out. She wasn't anything fancy. She was very underweight, skinny as a rail. She wasn't a puppy but something about her drew me to her. We loved her the moment we had her out of the cage. She was so well mannered. She didn't jump up, she didn't cower or act skiddish. She was gentle with the kids.
The kids had already decided she should be ours so we headed back to her pound to spend some more time with her.
And when we decided on adopting and signed the papers, it made it all the sweeter to find out that October is "adopt-a-dog month" and we could take our new pup home for only $51.00 (which included the cost for spaying her, rabies and deworming).
One of the best surprises was to come home and find that the girl was already potty trained and pretty well mannered. If any of you are in the market for a pet, I would really recommend checking out the local pound. There were SO many purebred dogs to choose from. There were puppies and adults all wanting to just have a chance for a good home and to make a family happy.
Did you know that black dogs are the least adopted from shelters and pounds?
We haven't even had to use the crate we bought for her. She minds her manners perfectly!
Needless to say....this dog is LOVED and we got to take home a little bit of "Phoenix" with us! The name suits her perfectly!






She's so precious! I am so happy for y'all!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteAunti Lacey
She is TOO BEAUTIFUL !!! Oh, my...what love already !!! What an ANGEL for ANGEL children and an ANGEL family...can't wait to pet her soft, curly head...Miss Jessi looks so grown up walking her very own puppy, and what a darling she was to share her beloved Hammi with Phoenix ! I bet the pup will ride in Joshie's little green car with him one day !!!
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxoxo
Ma / Mimi
You are never going to believe this but you picked my DREAM DOG! Ever since I started gooming I have been on the look out for a dog just like her. I see them sometimes but they are already owned and loved. I have some great grooming ideas for her to make her look as cute as a little lamb if you interested. Her hair is great and will grow into something else if you don't like it. You should try diffenrent grooms with her anyway for Jess, she would love it :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud to call you my friend! You went to the pound, you adopted and adult and you see the benifits and you are sharing it with others. I always tell people when you adopt and adult you know what you are getting, no suprises. And adult dogs fall just as much in love with you as puppies.
I have heard black dogs are not adopted as much too and I don't know why because they are the very best and smartest too ;) (I have been loving my Sara girl for 14 years now.)
I know you will enjoy her SO much and if you ever get your doubts know I will take her LOL!!! Can't wait to meet her and pet that velvety fur, it is the best!