I printed out some sight word cards. I don't actually 'teach' sight words as I think it is important to teach the phonics approach of breaking down the word and sounding them out. That way the kids can can figure out the unfamiliar words when they come across them. I did, however, think these sight word cards had really pretty pictures and would be great for word bingo! I think I printed off 14 cards with the each card getting more difficult as you go. Jess loved these! She knew lots of the words and if she didn't, she sounded them out and placed her bear on it! She wanted to keep playing and playing and playing! I laminated them so we can play over and over and Josh can later use them too.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Word Bingo and number sequencing
I printed out this number sequencing activity for Joshua to try out but Jess sat down and did it while Josh was napping. I detected she was a bit irritated at this activity when she told me..."Mom, I know how to count!!". Strangely she continued 'playing' until all the numbers were matched up. Josh liked it also!

I printed out some sight word cards. I don't actually 'teach' sight words as I think it is important to teach the phonics approach of breaking down the word and sounding them out. That way the kids can can figure out the unfamiliar words when they come across them. I did, however, think these sight word cards had really pretty pictures and would be great for word bingo! I think I printed off 14 cards with the each card getting more difficult as you go. Jess loved these! She knew lots of the words and if she didn't, she sounded them out and placed her bear on it! She wanted to keep playing and playing and playing! I laminated them so we can play over and over and Josh can later use them too.



I printed out some sight word cards. I don't actually 'teach' sight words as I think it is important to teach the phonics approach of breaking down the word and sounding them out. That way the kids can can figure out the unfamiliar words when they come across them. I did, however, think these sight word cards had really pretty pictures and would be great for word bingo! I think I printed off 14 cards with the each card getting more difficult as you go. Jess loved these! She knew lots of the words and if she didn't, she sounded them out and placed her bear on it! She wanted to keep playing and playing and playing! I laminated them so we can play over and over and Josh can later use them too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Another excellent homeschooling idea! Thank you for sharing!! :)
ReplyDeleteThere is a surprise waiting for you in your E-mail right now! <3
Shelby, you inspire me! I wish I did half as much as you! Your kids are so lucky!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from Follow Friday ~ you need to start linking up to Preschool Corner with us! :)
ReplyDelete