Right about the time the children were nestled all snug in their beds and sugar plums were dancing in their heads, Jacob buckles over in in pain...out of the blue. His back and his gut area, all of the sudden, start hurting him. This boy doesn't hurt easy and he was really hurting. Within the span of about 30 minutes he went from wrestling on the bed with the kids (right before I tucked them in) to writhing in pain and unable to stop throwing up. We had an inkling of what it was but there was no dulling his pain and he couldn't quit moving (or vomiting). So I woke the babies and off to the ER we went. The kids got to see "A Christmas Story" for the first time, two times in a row, eat powdered donuts, play with masks and rubber gloves in the middle of the night. Oh Joy! The x-ray tech came out and gave me the unofficial diagnosis when he saw me peering throught he window into the ER after not hearing anything for a few hours.
So for Christmas Jacob got a kidney stone! Marvelous....eh? He will probably kill me for posting that. He is still in a ton of pain. The painkillers he was prescribed are barely touching it and he is still hovering a lot over the toilet. Sorry...probably more info than anyone needed. We just kind of have to wait it out unfortunately.
We got home around two in the morning and I stayed up till three something to do Santa duties. I had to put a million stickers on a train table for Joshua and pull all the families gifts out and place them around our RV. I just had to eat Santa's brownies the kids left out. Because, of course, we couldn't just leave them sitting there. We woke the kids at 8ish to open their presents. Jacob was up and seemed o.k. during most of the opening. By the time the kids were done opening, he was beginning to look really rough, in pain and nauseous. I know Christmas is about the birth of our Saviour but I must say that I was sad that we had to spend a part of it in the ER and that Jacob is still in alot of pain. Tiny sacrifice in comparison to what Christ did for all of us. Chalk it up to memories I suppose.
I have several posts to add to the blog on things that went on the day before Christmas and Christmas Eve (pre-kidney stone) but those will have to wait. My little RV looks like a bomb went off in it. The kids are napping and I have to go check on my other baby. Thanks for any prayer for a quick recovery for my hubby.
Merry CHRISTmas to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





I am so sorry to hear about Jacob....i hope he gets better soon....wish we were closer to help! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteshelby - so sorry for you all but it sounds like you have a good attitude. have a wonderful christmas and many loves and hugs to you all!
ReplyDeleteWith our family ... we seem to keep the ER in business for Christmas Eve... don't we?!?!?!
ReplyDeleteSend Jacob our love and tell him that our family will be praying for him! Can't wait to hear about y'alls Georgia Christmas!
Love ya! Carrie and kids
Praying for your hubby; hope he's feeling better by now. Glad you found my blog! Thanks for stopping by! Always nice to meet new traveling Texans : )
ReplyDeleteShelby,
ReplyDeleteHope Jacob is feeling better by now.We will keep him and you all in our prayers.Hope your Christmas was a wonderful one.
Love you all,Leslie
So sorry for Jacob, hope he is feeling better. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas.
ReplyDeleteChristy
I too am sad to hear of the rough time for Christmas but as a friend above said you have a good attitude and Jacob could not ask for a better wife or kids to help him through the situation. Love you guys and hope you heel quickly brothr. Jason
ReplyDeleteJust catching up now! Sorry Jacob wasn't feeling so well for Christmas. {{hugs}}
ReplyDeleteShelby, I am sorry I missed this until now! I'll be thinking of you all and hoping that this is all over by now, and that you all bounce back better than ever! :)
ReplyDelete