
While I was pregnant with Jessica I wondered if she would be a rough and tumble tomboy or a frilly girly girl. I have to admit that so enjoy the girly girl-ness that she is all about! My heart just swelled with joy when she began showing interest in wanting to take ballet. When we were sent to Houston I knew there would be many activities that Jess could try. When I asked her what she would like to do she immediately chose ballet. I mentioned that to my mom and she told me that my ballet teacher, Jill Roucher, was still teaching dance at her studio only miles from where we are. When I stopped by the studio to speak with Ms. Jill she remember me (and my sister's name) before I even began my conversation with her! I asked her if there was any way we could jump in on class (they began in late August). She asked if we could be there the next Wednesday to start her first class. YAY!
Isn't ballet a right of passage for a little girl??!! She is the smallest ballerina in her class and she's just precious!! I am such a proud momma!
********************************************************* Click here to see a video of Jess during tap.
*********************************************************
Anxiously waiting for her class to begin




Resting a bit after class





so cute
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for eloise to start ballet or gymnastics. she loves to walk around in her leotard all the time
Awww! She's so sweet Shelby!
ReplyDeleteShe is the perfect little dancer. I love it!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBTW-are you ignoring my friendship request on facebook ;-)
Oh Shelby, she's so sweet and did so well. You must be incredibly proud! Kelly x
ReplyDeleteOk... I've been trying to stay on the fence as far as wishing for girls or boys, but this post is really making it hard on me! She is such doll - and all GIRL! What a cutie!
ReplyDeleteWhat a PROUD MIMI Jessica has ! Jessi is so beautiful and dear in her leotard and tights, and reminds me SO MUCH of her pretty Mommy at her age...it is so heartwarming to see her taking from the same precious "Miss Jill"...there are so many, many good memories of Miss Jill and her daughters at Lakewood Yacht Club, as well...all of us sitting by the side of the pool teaching young daughters to swim...so much joy from knowing Miss Jill in many ways so many years ago...so much fun and joy to come for Miss Jessi and her Mommy over this next year...I am one of the most blessed Mimi's around watching my little ballerina granddaughter blossom...she is so full of love and has been such a "gift" to her Mimi ! It is a "double" treat, as I also get to have my grandson visit on ballet class days! It is a win/win for this grannie...
ReplyDeleteJessica's Mimi