The couple who ran the Yukon BMX track were more than encouraging in getting my two kiddos started. I was thinking that they would just practice the first day, but no, I was encouraged to go ahead and enter them into a race the first time out. Josh was ready to go, Jess wasn't so interested in actually racing. She did want to ride the track before and after the race though.
Josh got 3rd place on his first race and he even got a medal for his first official BMX race. Jess got a compliment from a teenage boy as he was exiting the track. I was standing there taking pictures and he was watching her ride over the rhythm section. He yelled out..."Look at her rocking that Barbie bike!". Needless to say that was the end of her interest in riding her Princess bike out there. So...therein lies the beginning of our BMX racing days. Gone are Lightening McQueen and Princess bikes and hello to gear, gear and more gear.




















Awww I love this! I'm so glad you guys ventured out and found us at Yukon BMX! We hope your journey across the country introduces your family to many more BMX families! We are so glad that you shared this on your blog, the photos are great! Good luck guys, let us know if you will be going to Grand Nationals! We will see you soon I hope! Carrie
ReplyDeleteAwww I love this! I'm so glad you guys ventured out and found us at Yukon BMX! We hope your journey across the country introduces your family to many more BMX families! We are so glad that you shared this on your blog, the photos are great! Good luck guys, let us know if you will be going to Grand Nationals! We will see you soon I hope! Carrie
ReplyDeleteGO JOSH! What GREAT pictures!! How exciting to be able to keep this up while on the road! FUN! And I love that Jess gave it a try! She'll be a great cheerleader for brother!
ReplyDelete