
I love our job. I love the traveling. I love the 'fly by the seat of your pants' nature of the job. I am good with change. God made me that way for a reason. I feel sure.
It is months like these past few when I really lean on God and not try to understand things on my own terms. We are all tested at different times in different ways and different degrees. It is during the trials that we grow stronger in our walk with God. At least I know it is that way for me.

Philippians 4:6 9 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

In my quiet moments I pray, asking for the things my family needs. I feel Him in those quiet moments. I don't have to tell God what I need. He already knows. He knew what I needed long, long before I was even created. He wants to feel close to me and that closeness happens through prayer.
Deuteronomy 31:8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

Isaiah 40:31 NKJ
31 But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength. . . .
Matthew 6:30
And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
I know that God fed the sparrow...He will surely provide all of our needs. I find comfort in prayer and in Him. For that, I am eternally grateful no matter what is happening in my life.






thank you for posting this. I read Kristi's blog and accidentally clicked on your blog link on the side of her page. My family is about to go through alot of changes, creating alot of financial stress for my husband and I. We've been so worried, and I just didn't know what to pray for in the situation.... but now I do, and I feel better. We'll be okay. I am a Christian, but don't know many scriptures or where to look... this has warmed my heart and soul this afternoon, and now I don't think that I ACCIDENTALLY clicked on your blog. I just got on my computer when my husband left for work, after our discussion about our finances just 10 minutes ago.
ReplyDeleteSweet, Precious Daughter...
ReplyDeleteIt means the world to me that you LOVE and TRUST the LORD, as I do. As a single Momma for 17 years, I trusted him EVERY DAY for food, courage, guidance, and wisdom to live in this oftentimes confusing and difficult world. One of my favorite stories of HIM coming to my assistance. was when our dryer broke and I had NO money to fix it. I called a company "at random" out of the phone book to give me an estimate. The man drove from Spring, TX to give me an estimate. After he told me the projected costs, and I told him I would need to call later, as it was too much for me, he let me know he was a youth pastor, and we made a deal for me to make a T-shirt quilt for auction for his church group kids as a fundraiser, in return for fixing my dryer. GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS. Divine apptointments are coming for you and Jacob and the babies all of your life...just pray. HE is a LOVELY, KIND, GENEROUS and AWESOME GOD. HE is right over your shoulder...always...breathe those prayers continuously...
xoxox
Momma
Shelby - just last night I was tossing and turning not able to sleep when Harrison woke up and came in my bed for a cuddle and at that moment that whole verse played itself in my mind. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." so I said a little prayer, not even sure I asked for help with the things that were bothering me, but I was able to sleep after. Also back when the recession had hit and my work gave every one a 10% pay cut was a time that I think I audibly heard God say - "this is a test, do you really trust me or not" so I decided to just trust him fully and he provided in a very tangible way. So hang in there, He will provide.
ReplyDeleteHi Shelby,
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog and I wanted to say Hi. What a beautiful post. Right now our family is going through the transition from living in a house to moving into an RV and we've had our ups and downs going through this process. I just need to remember that everything is going to be great! So I need to relax, it will all work out.
I read that you are in Texas? We are in Austin, Texas. And I just started a blog http://myownversion.com I don't have many posts since I just started blogging. Feel free to stop by and comment!
Warmly,
Mariza