Monday, April 20, 2009

Wildlife

Ooohhh...I'm so excited this morning. We've owned our land for several years now but with Jacob's job we just aren't around that much to enjoy it. We have seen deer, wild hogs, road runners, hawks, owls, horny toads, Jack rabbits, cotton tails, mice, all sorts of snakes, armadillos, raccoons, tarantulas, coyotes, humming birds, ducks and lots dove. Last night Jacob spotted a great big bobcat! He said it was so light colored and big that, for a moment, it looked like a cougar. This is, by far, my favorite spotting yet even though I didn't see it with my own two eyes! I am just praying our neighbors don't spot him too and get trigger happy. ):

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really exciting! I have never seen a bobcat in my life, which I am sad about, they sound cool. I have also never seen a tarantula, which I am NOT sad about, I hope I never have to! Ewwww! :O

    ReplyDelete