Yes, you read that right. My three year old daughter has been talking for a few months that she would like to get her ears pierced. Jacob and I have always felt strongly about waiting to get Jessica's ears pierced until she can decide for herself that she wants them done. We had no idea that she'd decide so early. She had seen her cousin Jenny's ears and decided that this is what she wanted. She was so excited and held onto a teddy bear they gave her and closed her eyes just like they asked. We had her ears done at the same time and she only cried for a minute. She is so very proud of her earrings and has already picked out a second pair, tiny panda bears, to change into after the 6 week healing period is up. I also have to mention just how sweet my husband is. He may deny it but I was looking at little Jess with her new little pierced ears and I said, "she's growing up so fast!" and I looked up to see his eyes all welled up. I just love how he loves our children!
Saturday, April 18, 2009
A big day for Jessica
Yes, you read that right. My three year old daughter has been talking for a few months that she would like to get her ears pierced. Jacob and I have always felt strongly about waiting to get Jessica's ears pierced until she can decide for herself that she wants them done. We had no idea that she'd decide so early. She had seen her cousin Jenny's ears and decided that this is what she wanted. She was so excited and held onto a teddy bear they gave her and closed her eyes just like they asked. We had her ears done at the same time and she only cried for a minute. She is so very proud of her earrings and has already picked out a second pair, tiny panda bears, to change into after the 6 week healing period is up. I also have to mention just how sweet my husband is. He may deny it but I was looking at little Jess with her new little pierced ears and I said, "she's growing up so fast!" and I looked up to see his eyes all welled up. I just love how he loves our children!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Aww... what a sweet Daddy! She looks so grown up!
ReplyDeleteLove it.She looks so proud of those ears.She is so cute,miss you guys.Hope to meet up soon.Love ya Shel,Leslie
ReplyDeleteSo cute! We waited until the girls asked for their's too. It does make them look older. But very fun to match with outfits!
ReplyDeletebeautiful!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteToo cute! Love those smiles. Its crazy how fast they grow up...
ReplyDelete