Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thank you Mimi


Thank you Mimi for making me eat my carrots when I was little.

Thank you for the homemade cookies that arrived in my mailbox every Christmas.

Thank you for the beautiful handmade stockings that you spent many hours stiching for me, my sisters and my babies.

Thank you for letting Lacey and I dress up in your costume jewelry and pretend to be princesses.

Thank you for loving me, all of the hugs and loving support you have given me over the past 31 years of my life.

Thank you for holding that very special, irreplaceable spot in my heart.

I love you Mimi and I miss you already. I know that you are in a very special place and one fine day I will hug my sweet Mims again.

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post.
    I am so very sorry for your loss.
    Many {{{hugs}}} and prayers for peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, Shelby. I'm so sorry. I lost my Mimi a year and a half ago. Hang in there. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelby,
    I am so sorry.I am so glad you had your hours last week to spend with her.She knows you love her and she is still here for you,just in a more wonderful place than we can ever imagine! I can just imagine her face when she saw her maker and her daughter once again.I know it is hard now that she is gone,but I know with your faith you can still feel her.I love you Shel and I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!
    Love you all,Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry, Shelby. Even after losing my Mimi over a year ago, it is still hard at times. Luckily we have such wonderful memories to treasure of our Mimi's. Please know that we are praying for you and your family. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Shelby sweetie I am so sorry for your loss. If you need me I am here. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry cuz, I knew she was sick, but I didn't realize that she had passed. Love you cuz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelby, Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Read Psalm 139, it may bring some comfort to you. Love to the family.
    Leslie Stockton

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry to hear of the loss of your Mimi. I hope that you can find comfort during this time by great memories and lessons learned from her wisdom and guidance. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Love to you and your family, Jen

    ReplyDelete