Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rainy Moody Monday

Photobucket
Yesterday was a dreary Monday. When Jacob has office days as he did yesterday, I try and get myself and the kids out so he has quiet. Jess has been asking me to take her to the beach. I knew it wouldn't be a good beach day so I thought maybe Moody Gardens would suffice. I got online to make sure it had reopened since hurricane Ike. The aquarium part had reopened. Yaaa Hooo! Off we went.

We pulled up and this is what I saw.
Photobucket
I was the only momma crazy enough to go to Moody Gardens this dreary Monday morning? Nope, not the only one but pretty darn close. This rainy day was beginning to look up.

Photobucket


Jess was not believing me when I explained that there was glass in front of this little shark. She thought he was just sitting there for all to touch.
Photobucket
Believing enough to give him a little smootch
Photobucket
Megladon
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And this dandy video clip makes me want to disinfect my boys mouth every time I watch it. You have to watch closely and note my abrupt stop in filming.

For everyone who warned me that boys were different than girls...thank you. Thank God I was forewarned otherwise I'd have had a heart attack months ago...LOL (;

It was a really good Monday at Moody Gardens.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Boy are so much fun.
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! Maybe the glass was a little salty?/!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shel, I hadnt checked your blog in awhile. So many great moments. I love, love, love the van gogh pics. Jess looks like a natural. My other fav. is trick or treating Jacob reaching down to hold a turtle's hand. Can't wait to see you all next week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete