I really wanted to post it though as it was a big part of our life.
It is simply amazing and humbling how fragile life is and it can slip through your fingers so quickly. You have to just drink it up and enjoy every moment. The ups, the downs, all of it is priceless if you can just embrace the fact that the 'end' here...is not the end. Watching someone you care about, lose someone close to them, makes me re-evaluate so many things. It makes me want to make sure I have my priorities straight. It makes me want to make sure that I am not 'sweating the small stuff'. It has really made me think about what I want my legacy to be. What would my children, my husbands and my friends say about me if I died tomorrow. Have I left good memories for my babies? In March we celebrated life and we mourned the loss of a loved one. We celebrated a life well lived and we comforted the ones left behind. I count my blessings often. But not often enough.





Shel I'm just seeing this for the first time today! These words go right to my heart! You were simply AMAZING when we went through our trying time!I love you SO much!
ReplyDeleteShelby, just catching up on your blog and saw this post. When you are ready come back and re-read it. I hope the words you wrote previously bring you comfort now. We are praying for you and your sweet family.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jessica & Wes
I have been thinking of you so very often. Every time i do, i send a prayer of strength, comfort and peace. I hope it is helping. Big hugs to you all!
ReplyDeletebeautifully written sweet sister. Life is bitter sweet and it's great to take time and reflect like you do. I have no doubt you will leave a wonderful legacy.
ReplyDeleteLace