I remember our way-to-starched Rockies that took 30 minutes per pair to get 'just right'. Remind me why we wore those again? Oh and those Justin boots that were covered in manure from the barn got all polished up. Choosing which showmanship buckle I wanted to wear that night. Wishing I had a fake id. Ahhh the memories. They were good ones.
Well this Rodeo we attended in this little town was very small. It was pretty obvious to us that Rodeos were not a common event around these parts. For one, it was only the 4th annual. The announcer was so proud that last year, over the 2 day span they had 1,500 people.
The last thing that really caught my eye was that when the "Star Spangled Banner" was sung over the intercom, I could count the number of people (There were probably 400 or so there) who held their hands over there hearts and nobody was singing. That really made me wonder. Surely people around these parts go to sporting events and certainly some said/say the Pledge and sing "Star Spangled Banner" in school, no?
Anyways, the rodeo was entertaining. The clown was pretty funny, participants were fun to watch and we helped out 4H students by buying the tickets. It was a fun night.






Sounds like tons of fun! Love the pics! Remember the good ole' days! Luv the thoughts of squeezin' into those stiff Rockies!
ReplyDeleteLuv y'all! Carrie
Looks like fun, Shelby! And the SSB...I pop straight up with my hand on my heart, but have noticed that SO many people don't. I don't know why either. It seems so strange to me when folks don't, but then I also think they are looking at me sometimes thinking, "What is she DOING?!?" I wonder if it's a geographical thing about where folks grew up or something...
ReplyDeleteLove your blog!
Shel,
ReplyDeleteYou took me WAY back! Oh those rockies! Looks like a blast! LOVE Rodeo!
Ally
I love thinking about those memories of you and your friends getting out the ironing board to starch your jeans and get dressed up either for a rodeo or to go country dance!! Oh man was I proud of the way my sister could move across that dance floor!!
ReplyDeleteLace