Monday, November 29, 2010

A time to be thankful

I am thankful for the men and women who selflessly serve and protect our country.

I'm thankful for a mother-in-law (who often gets mistaken as my mom) that gives, and does, and creates, and has not one selfish bone in her body.

I'm thankful for a loving God who heals and strengthens and rebuilds and hears even our tiniest whisper of a prayer. Thankful that He knows how many hairs are on each of our heads and keeps track of every single tear I've cried.

I'm thankful for dear ones who are not only family, but friends as well.


I'm thankful for modern technology that allows us to capture little details of special gatherings that we might otherwise forget.


I am very thankful for all of the men in my life. The husband, dad, cousins, uncles and father-in-law.

I'm thankful that one day, long ago, a long tall Texan riding horseback flirted with a beautiful young lady. I'm thankful that she fell for him. From that relationship came many beautiful people whom I love!

I'm thankful for babies. Babies are new beginings. They are fresh slates waiting to be loved on and give love in return. Nothing is better than a baby!

I'm thankful for strong women who believe in themselves and when they put their minds to 'it'...they can do anything!


I'm thankful for hugs. No words have to be uttered and through a hug you can feel loved, supported and encouraged. I'm thankful for those!


I"m grateful for these kiddos. I'm grateful for each day God gives me so that I can watch all of them blossom into big kids. I pray that God guides and guards each of their paths every day.


I'm thankful to be part of a family that trys to give back. To serve those who serve us every day. I'm forever thankful for my freedom.


I'm thankful for those in-laws that pick on me. I'm thankful that one day I may be quick witted enough to throw some of it back at them (;


Yes, I'm even thankful for this person. Even though he tortures me with his relentless badgering every.single.time I'm around him. I love him too, and I'm thankful for him.


I'm thankful for comfortable couches that are great for napping.

I'm thankful for Grannie B. I'm thankful for the stories she tells, the memories that she keeps alive and I'm thankful that she is the beautiful 'tie' that binds us all together. And I'm thankful for Cowboys football because I know how much she loves it!

I'm thankful for the young and young at heart.

I'm thankful for traditions. I'm thankful for those willing to keep up with the traditions and pass them on to the next generation.

Yes, I'm thankful to you, Dear Lord, for belts and opaque underpants!



I'm thankful for another year with loved ones. Thank you Jesus for that gift!



1 comment:

  1. This was so well done Shelby! I am thankful for you, Jake, and his famliy. They have got to be the most inviting, friendliest group of people I have ever met and had the PRIVILAGE to hang out with! I'm also thankful that you keep us updated. I feel like you are posting just for me ;)
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete