Since we moved into our little home I have wanted to paint the bathroom. The wallpaper is atrocious. Totally horrendous. We just haven't been home long enough to take on the task. This summer we have had more of a break from work so I dove in. I cringe to show the before wallpaper pictures, but, here you go. Please excuse the cute naked boy.
The renovation included paint, sewing a privacy curtain for the toilet area and curtain for under the vanity, new medicine cabinet, new light fixtures, adding some wainscot paneling around the garden tub area (thank you Jacob), new mini-blinds and a really fun wall decoration idea that I got from my friend, Kate, who found the project
here. I would have preferred to paint all the trim and cabinets white but since we will be selling the home, I decided to leave it in its original state. You know....just in case they don't like my wild color choice...lol. It was a fun project and now I love being in my bathroom!
Here is the finished bathroom.
I'm not one for fake flowers (at all) but I thought this didn't look too terribly bad and I liked the spring(y) look they gave.
I got my color inspiration from this embroidered wall hanging that my momma made me. You can't really tell fromt he picture but the greens in the picture match the walls perfectly.
that looks great!
ReplyDeleteglad I could inspire you with those paint cans. I can't wait to get around to doing mine.
nicely done, Shelby!
ReplyDeleteLooks awesome :)
ReplyDeleteWow Shelby! Well done
ReplyDeleteWay to go! It looks awesome! I love room makeovers!
ReplyDelete