Saturday, February 28, 2009

Have you ever held an angel?

I got to hold two of them yesterday!! I felt honored to be invited to go into the NICU with Kristi and her sister Kelli and grandma Bonny Hutton to visit two of the sweetest, tiniest babies. They were snuggled in their comfy corner of the NICU just sleeping as sound as could be. Their cute little bodies were swaddled in the hospital blankets with the little hats keeping them warm. This may sound silly, but as I have watched this sweet couple go through alot over the past year, I felt PRIVILEGED to be in the room when the NICU doctor came in to speak with Kristi. As he gave her the fabulous news that their babies would be able to go home in a few days tears welled up in her (and her sweet sister's eyes) I couldn't help but shed a few tears of joy myself. This family so deserves these healthy, precious babies and I am just excited to know them and get to be a tiny part of their lives.

**I promised not to post any photos of Kristi and Kelli at their request (silly girls). As much as I would like to...I will stick to my word (:

Alex (first born)

Alex on left, Avery on right. Sleeping beauties


Bonny Hutton and her grandbaby Avery



Thank you Kristi and Brad for letting me snuggle your little miracles!

2 comments:

  1. Here comes the tears again after reading your post... you are so sweet! The girls can't wait for you to snuggle them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they just the cutest! Your post says it perfectly. It was good to finally "meet" you and see your sweeties in person. I'm going to link your blog to mine, so I have direct access to stalking it. Hope to see you soon - wouldn't it be great to all be holed up at the same campground.....hopefully someday. Yall take care!

    ReplyDelete