Jess was particularly excited this time to come home as she really likes to play on her own. She has to share a room in the RV so at home she can shut herself in her room and play on her own. The first thing she wanted to do when she got home was to go potty on the shabby chic little potty that her Mimi Hoard had made for her.
Then she trotted into her room, shut the door and played for nearly 30 minutes all by herself. When we tried to open the door and check on her she was persistent that we shut it as she was playing.
Joshua really enjoyed pushing every electronic button on all of the toys in his room and the living room. He also a lot of fun pushing the little broom and his sister's dolly stroller through the house. Now that he is a good walker he was truckin' all around at top speed.
One eye opening thing that has come from our RV travels is realizing how much excess 'stuff' we have. We live on the basics in the RV. We have just enough clothes, just enough toiletries, just enough food and the rest if filled with toys, crafts and educational things for the kids. When we come home I find myself overwhelmed with stuff. I feel so grateful to God for everything Has given us. It also reminds me that I am NOT a pack rat. I really dislike clutter and I don't like keeping things around that we don't use or aren't sentimental. I would much rather see someone else using it if we aren't. Right now we have two storage sheds full of stuff that dates back from college to present. Jacob and I both agree how silly and wasteful that is. So...little by little we will sell at garage sales or donate to Salvation Army or simply give stuff away. It feels so good to declutter!
We may not have too much time to start that project as Gustav bears down into the Gulf. We shall see.
Inspiration for the day
"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement."
Helen Keller





Freecycle that stuff Shelby! Makes us all feel better!
ReplyDeleteOooh... am I your first ever comment?
Good post, Shelby! You are doing a fabulous job with the blog, and it is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteAll of your points are so true! I want to keep decluttering, but I run out of steam so easily. Kepp us posted and maybe I'll be inspired!
I love the new blog!!!! 30 mins of play by herself, I am so jealous, Ava would never do that in a millon years! Thanks for letting us share your life. luv ya!
ReplyDeleteLove it Shelby! Am going to check out the backgrounds that you have!
ReplyDeleteI'm also jealous of 30 minutes of self-play!